Friday, February 27, 2009

Court Update:

A 'Readiness Hearing' is scheduled for 9:30am Monday, March 2 in Dept. 11

A '995 Motions Conference' is scheduled for 9:30am Friday, April 24 in Dept. 11

'Jury Selection' is scheduled for 9:30am Monday, May 11 in Dept. 11

The '995 Motions Hearing' is routinely requested by a defendant's lawyer in felony cases. The defence will argue that the 2 felony counts of second degree murder that were considered on November 19, 2008 and turned over for trial by Superior Court Judge Hanoian should be "re-considered to be without precedent or merit"... in other words not carried over for trial, dropped from trial or prosecution, dismissed as not worthy of further pubic or judicial scrutiny.

I assure you that Ian's family will continue be in the court room until sentencing. Your continued support in Ian's memory is greatly appreciated. Scott Kinney

3 comments:

jill marie barrett said...

thank you for keeping us posted. i know that this is not an easy blog to update. but for me, i appreciate the updates so that i can keep your family in my prayers.

Sammye Jo said...

I lost my little brother, 18, in a car wreck 3 1/2 years ago. I know the hurt a sister feels and I see the pain my parents face everyday. Please know I am keeping your family in my prayers.

Karen said...

Your family is in our prayers...