Sunday, September 14, 2008

Welcome family and friends of Ian Christopher Kinney.

This blog is dedicated with love to preserving the memory and legacy of our son Ian.

Tragically stolen from us July 22, 2008 @ 6pm by a drunk driver.

This is a place to share our grief, to try to understand it; and to learn how to better live with it.

One goal here is to share our families remembrances of Ian's life, how he grew up, how he lived, how he laughed, how he loved. We invite you to share your remembrances of Ian here too; or to simply share your thoughts.

Another goal is to share information about what has happened, since the collision, with Madd and with the courts. We will share, here, future Madd events and court dates in the hope that you will help support these efforts in Ian's name.

With great respect for those who loved Ian, thank you for caring. Scott Kinney and Family

4 comments:

Katie Watson said...

Yay, the blog is up and running!! Baby steps, I tell ya! Mr. Ian would be very proud that his parents figured out how to enter the world of blogging!!

Evelyn Hamm said...

Ian was such a blessing, and to have had him in my life, and my families, life made that time much brighter. You raised a wonderful person that touched so many. Thanks for the blog and updates, I will defiantely be a regular!
Evelyn Hamm

Jens Place in Space said...

I am just a stranger who was led here through blog land, but I am so sorry for what has happened. I have a 19 year old son, and it breaks my heart to see any parent go through the pain you are. Matt my son, lost a close friend this past summer , being a passenger of a car with a drunk driver. There is no reason for this nonsense, and I wish you well during the trial. Prayers of peace, Jen

Anonymous said...

To the most wonderful people I've ever met in life:
The two of you raised an amazing son, you taught him how to love, respect, trust, and teach. He loved me, he respected me and taught me how to respect, he taught me how to laugh, love, and live through all of the hard times. He taught be how to look inside of people, how to love people and how to let go of issues I had with people and how to ''forgive and forget'' I think children are as good as their parents, the way you two raised Ian, was an amazing, amazing way to raise a child. I will never forget Ian as long as I live, because forgetting Ian, loosing our memories, loosing sight with what he taught me, would be a tragedy within this tragedy. No words can describe what you guys have lost, no words can describe what I have lost, and last, no words can describe what the world has lost. I will be here every step of the way, because I loved your son, I loved your son more than any woman (aside from family) ever did. I take pride in knowing, that aside from your family, I got to spend my life with Ian, for 3 years. No one and nothing can ever change that. I love you all with everything I have and I will always be around, and when you guys are ready, I will come up there and tell you every single memory I have of me and Ian and all the stupid things we would do, I have plenty that would make you laugh.

I love you