Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trial Postponed until July 20, 2009

An additional witness/schedule conflict now has the trial of Shannon Shimp (on two counts of second degree murder plus charges for injury to Ian's passenger, Tessa M.) starting July 20, 2009 at 9am in 'D-17' El Cajon Superior Court.

We have pretrial motions on July 17, 2009 same department and time.

At times the agony of postponement after postponement makes me want to scream(which I do upon occasion), but then I reflect on the witnesses, witnesses to this terrible crime and their willingness to testify; to relive the horrible. I very much appreciate them stepping up; it gives me hope; and I scream less.

As always you are invited to join us in court as respectfully silent spectators in support of Ian and the other dead and injured. Thank you for your support in Ian Christopher Kinney's memory. Scott Kinney, Father

4 comments:

jill marie barrett said...

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as you go into the court room in a few days.
jill b

jill marie barrett said...

i thought about you and your family all day. i hope you find some kind of peace today. i will continue to keep you guys in my prayers.

Carol Moore said...

Oh my dear friends, I can't believe it's been a year gone by without Ian. I'm with you all the way, sitting in the courtroom reliving all of this over and over again. Know that I support you all the way. I will be sitting there with you in spirit if not in person. Take care and know I think of you daily.

Carol Moore said...

I'm waiting along with you on the results of this trial. My deepest thoughts are with you, hoping you get some sort of closure from this horrible incident. May Shimp get what he deserves. Love,
Carol