Thursday, August 27, 2009

Trial to Begin Tuesday September 8, 2009

This morning the last of the pretrial hearings ended with a judgment allowing a video prepared by the DA's office to be entered into evidence. The video is from a drivers perspective traveling to the collision site on Hwy 78 from both East and West directions.

This was the last huddle before the trial; which will begin Tuesday, September 8, 2009 in department-17 at 9am. We understand that the trial could take up to two weeks. The first day or two will be spent seating a jury. No court Wednesday, September 16.

Please feel free to attend any day of the trial to support the DA's prosecution of Shannon Shimp.

Thank you for your support in Ian's memory. Ian's family

2 comments:

jill marie barrett said...

i am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow.

Cheri said...

I would be there to show my support, as one of my good friends is his ex girlfriend Bonnie. But I was told that there are no open seats left in the courtroom. But please keep us updated!! I hope that Shimp rots in jail!